Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bug Life: Month 6

OMG! Maria you are 6 months old today!!! My little baby isn't such a little baby anymore. You have had quite the month. You went to your first wedding. You spent a long weekend at the Natural Causes Farm (Grandma Bonnie and Aunt Cassie's ranch). We made another trip to Houston to visit my parents. You have met all of your great- grandparents.  You are eating a solid meal at night, you have completely mastered rolling over and you have graduated to crawling. You fully enjoy bath time now. The strangest things make you laugh. I spend most of the day trying to figure out what will get you to giggle. I think you will have a very quirky sense of humor. You still love being outside. We go for an hour long walk every morning with Daisy. You have experienced cold weather- even though it was just a couple of days. You like meeting other babies. You have gone through your first daylight saving time. You are waking up super duper early now because of the time change. I really wish you would sleep in a little longer.

Today you woke up at 5:45am. Daddy changed your diaper and I fed you. You and Daddy played in the living room while I ate breakfast. To our shock you successfully crawled over Daddy's leg to navigate your way off the play blanket. You and Daisy and I went for our regular morning walk. When we got back I fed you and changed you. We played and watched some tv. I tried giving you juice in a sippy cup this morning. It didn't go over so well. Most of it ended up dribbling down your chin. We went to TxDOT to see some former co-workers and to go to a baby shower. You had a great time seeing all of my colleagues. You took another nap when we got home. We played outside on a blanket until Daddy got home. Then all hell broke loose. You were really grumpy tonight. I suspect it had everything to do with you being tired. You aren't adjusting well to the time change- your internal clock is off. Plus I think you might be cutting a tooth. Of course- I've been thinking that for a while though.





We love you so much Maria- I can't believe you have already been with us for 6 months. You are so wonderful- even when you are crabby.

1 comment:

Bonnie Tyler said...

I can't believe she is crawling. I am begging for a video of it. Please oh please. She makes me so happy I tingle everytime I see those cute little eyes. Happy birthday six month old little one. Love ya, Grandma