Friday, September 10, 2010

Bug Life: Month 4

Hi Maria! You're 4 months old today! Yay! This was such a long month for mommy! I went back to work but then I had to get my gall bladder taken out. Not only did I miss you because I had to go to work, I missed you because I was recovering from surgery for a week! You had lots of fun hanging out with Grandma Bonnie and Grandma Ruth & Gramps. You also spent a whole week with daddy! The two of you had a lot of fun together. You came to visit me at work twice! The good news is that I quit my job and it will be you and me kiddo from now on! I'm really excited about staying at home with you. Today is just the second day for me to be at home with you. So far we have gone for a walk in the morning with Daisy. We are getting a big new deck built across the back of the house. I'm looking forward to us hanging out on the deck. You went to the pediatrician today for your 4 month check up. You didn't really enjoy going- you got 3 shots today and that made you very upset. You are 24 inches long and you weigh 13.5 pounds. This was a big month for you- let's recap.

You are so cute- you are laughing, babbling, drooling, rolling over, reaching for and picking up everything, you want to sit up all on your own but you aren't there yet. When we put you on your stomach you really want to crawl- just a couple more months and I think you will be! Daddy plays claw with you. He holds you over some toys and you pick one out and then pick it up and play with it. Your favorite toy is still the bee and 'hungry friends' book. We got a bumbo seat for you so you can sit on the table when we eat dinner or on the counter top when we are cooking. You did a little traveling this month. I took you to Temple, Tx at the end of August so you could meet your Great Grandpa Jones. He was so happy to meet you- he thinks you are super pretty and friendly. You did a lot of smiling for him and it made his day. Daddy took you on a tour of DKR- Texas Memorial Stadium- he wants to indoctrinate you early! We also took you to Canyon Lake labor day weekend to see your Uncle Naylor and Aunt Laura and cousins, Edie and Isaac. Even though you weren't really sure about being in the water, I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with my brother and his family. I spent my first day of unemployment sorting through your clothes- I had to put away a lot of your little outfits because you have grown so much. I washed a bunch of new outfits so don't worry- you aren't naked! I also had to remove the bassinet attachment from the pack and play. You are still sleeping in our room- I'm having a hard time letting you move to your own room. I love waking up to your little coo noises and giggles.

We love you Maria!
-Mommy and Daddy







1 comment:

Bonnie Tyler said...

I love the new pix. Maria has such a sweet face.