Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend




What a weekend!!!
Saturday we wasted the entire day watching college football.  Maria got to see the Longhorns play for the first time.  I am planning on taking her to her first game in November when the weather cools down.  The team wasn't awe inspiring, but they won the game.  We also watched Jacksonville State beat Ole Miss.  It is fun to watch the upsets in college football.  I taught Maria how to bake chocolate chip cookies.  I am not sure how many of my baking tips that she picked up, but she sure had fun fun watching me work.  It was a fun lazy day, fueled by chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies.

Sunday, we did some running around and then packed up the SAAB and headed out to Amelia's brother's lake house on Canyon Lake.  Amelia had a great observation.  Basically, with a three month old we have to do a lot of backward planning.  If we need to be at a place by two we have to figure out how many feedings need to happen, what shopping and packing needs to take place.  It is quite the logistical nightmare, but we are getting better at it.
We had a great time visiting with Naylor and Laura and their family.  Maria got to play in the lake and we got to hear about the Gray family adventures in Indonesia, and India.  We had a great dinner at the lake house and then drove back to Austin.

Monday, we were all a bit worn out from out adventures.  I decided that I wanted to use my smoker, so I smoked a couple of bacon wrapped pork tenderloins (the bacon provides the fat to keep the tenderloin moist) and a rack of baby back ribs.  I also cooked some corn bread.  My friend Juan came over to help us eat the smoker's bounty.  We closed out the weekend by watching a pretty good Boise State Va Tech game.

1 comment:

Bonnie Tyler said...

Love, love, love those cookies. Maria has grown so much!