Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Meh. . .

Today was so-so. Maria was a lot less fussy today so my headache finally went away. The visit to the pediatrician was so-so. She weighed in at 7lbs 8oz on one scale and 7lbs 12 oz on the other scale. While I would like to think she is at 7lbs 12 oz the doc thought is was closer to 8oz. He suggested we supplement with more formula. I'm disappointed that breast feeding is not working out like I wanted it to. Whoever says its the most natural thing in the world never tried to breast feed a baby! I'm not giving up but I've had to accept the fact that I'm just not producing enough to get her to thrive. The doc said despite the lack of weight gain, Maria is very healthy and very strong so that is always good news. I think Chris is secretly happy about formula because that means he gets to feed her.

Ok, here's what you really want- pix.











1 comment:

Bethany said...

Yeah, breastfeeding is way harder than people make it out to be -- and while it does get easier, you still run into issues. For example, I got a blocked duct last night. I feel like I'm going to die. Horrible.

That is a sweet girl!