Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday's alright for fightin'



Bug was a real pill last night. She would feed and fall asleep, but the second we would try to put her in her little bassinet, she would wake up and scream. We spent a couple of hours rocking her and trying to get he to go fall into a deep sleep. Each time we would get her to close her eyes, she would wake back up and scream. Around 4 AM, Amelia fed her for the last time and she fell asleep on Amelia's chest. I know we aren't going to win any parenting awards, and it was just plain dangerous, but she fell asleep for several hours.

She outgrew her first outfit today. It was a very cute Paul Frank onesie. I feel a little sentimental because it helps to cement the reality that she will never be that small again. We really should cherish these days because she is growing fast. We weighed her today and she came up as 7.8 lbs wearing clothes and diaper. It feels like we have turned the corner on the weight issues she had previously. She is beginning to put a little chub on her frame. Her belly, hands and feet are all getting a little more chubby, making her that much more cute.

Tonight, I realized that Chuy's has a to-go service and I was able to order and go pick it up. It was the first time that I have eaten Chuy's since Maria's birth. I used to go there at least once a week, so I was really jonesing for Tex-Mex. Amelia had the enchiladas with a chocolate shake from Whataburger and I had my "big as yo face" chicken burrito. Here's hoping that bug sleeps better tonight because we may be in a food coma.

No comments: