Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our garden grows




Well we did it again. Bug wouldn't go to sleep this morning, so we fell asleep with her on our chest. Maria was fussy all morning. Amelia fixed us a proper English breakfast: scones, eggs, tomato slices, but sadly no sausage links. It was close to noon before we both got to eat.

Once we got Maria to take a nap, I went out to garden. I cleaned out the plants that didn't make it through the heat. I dug up the potatoes that I planted back in January. I actually got a good number of potatoes. While they aren't the giant Yukon gold from my birth state of Idaho, they are going to make a nice batch of rosemary potatoes. I planted honey dew, and a watermelon today. Hopefully, they will grow and by the end of the summer we will have some delicious melons.

There were a couple of Maria firsts today. She wore socks for the first time today. She kept them on for at least fifteen minutes before she kicked them off. She also played on her mat for the first time today. Play might be a little optimistic, she mostly just laid on her back looking around, but humble beginnings have glorious endings.

Later, our good friends Jake, Alicia, and their one and a half year old Naomi came to visit. They made an awesome dinner for us. Usually, Maria has a meltdown between 7 and 8 PM, but with Alicia holding her she stayed calm the entire hour. Maybe she can come over and hold her more often.

1 comment:

Ali said...

I'd be more than happy to come hold that sweet bug of yours again soon!